Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wine and Weddings

Justin and I were married 01/28/2013 in the court house with his parents and my mom.  We when got engaged we put in an offer on our home the very next morning.  We had agreed we would never live together until we were married, so we had a conversation and agreed that we would be married in the courthouse and have a vow renewal in the church in the fall.  Now we had originally decided we would be married in February, but as fate would have it, my mom was coming up to visit for my birthday.  So 9 days after he ask and I said yes, we both said 'I do'.  Best decision of my life.

At our vow renewal I didn't want to have a standard guest book for everyone to sign.  I wanted to incorporate our love for each other, wine, and our friends and family together.  In came the wine bottles.  Justin and I chose 4 bottles that we wanted to save for years.  We had sealed our favorite bottle in a box with love letters during our ceremony so we used the other three bottles as our guest book.  We had one bottle for our first anniversary already and it was so much fun to read everyone's signatures and little notes on the bottle.  Our next bottle is 5 years, then 10 years.  Our sealed box is for 15 years.

We wanted our bottles to have a beautiful home so we can keep them on display for years and years to come.  And Target came to the rescue!  This beautiful wine rack is the prefect addition to our dining room.



No comments:

Post a Comment