Monday, September 14, 2015

Baby Food Pancakes

I attempted to skip the baby cereal phase; however when #wiggydiggy  was around 7 months I picked up a box of Beech Nut oatmeal, just to keep on hand "in case of emergencies".  I waited a week or so before making a bowl and adding some blueberries for dinner one night.  Lil man gobbled it up.....then spit it all up less than an hour later.  

At daycare, they had the same problem - spit up all of the cereal within an hour.  So we began to use a scoop to thicken up some of the thinner puree's I had made.  That worked great until we ran out of the thin puree's.  After a month of the box sitting half empty in the pantry, I decided I had to use it up before it went bad.  To Pinterest I went!

Baby Food Pancakes 

1 cup flour
1/2 cup baby cereal
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
1/2 cup puree*
1/2 cup milk

*seasonings as preferred


Mix the ingredients and blend until smooth


Scoop a spoonful onto a warm skillet.
Flip after a minute or two.


Can be frozen and reheated as needed!

So far we've used:
Apple/Pear
Pumpkin with cinnamon, ginger and cloves
Sweet Potato/Apple with cinnamon

And they've all been a hit!


(with everyone in the family *winky face*)




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment