Friday, October 14, 2016

Five on Friday

YAY!  IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!

I seem to only make it to this blog twice a week these days.  I have a few post half written, so once I'm done traveling I should be able to crank out a few more life happenings for you.

1.
I did it!  I snagged the Toms Desert Wedge Boots I had my eye on over Columbus Day for a killer price.  Thank you holidays for the dependable sales/coupons.

I know Target has a knock-off that has a very appealing price, but the reviews are scattered on size.  They aren't in my local store and I'm hesitant to buy without trying on.  Half the shoes I buy at Target are returned due to size.  But let me know if you've gotten a pair!

2.
Three car loads of stuff have been donated and I'm working on filling two more boxes as I type this.
Going Minimalist has been so freeing.

HOW do we accumulate so much stuff? (OK, half is baby stuff I've been selling/donating, but STILL)

3.
I've talked about Going Natural a few times before.  Now that cold/flu season has hit, I'm updating our medicine cabinet with more natural options.

Check out Bridget at Tales of Me and The Husband.  I use a lot of her recommendations for homeopathic remedies.

I'm currently on Coldcalm and Sinusalia.


My cold is already fading out, a whole three days before normal (for me). 

4.
This boy has become obsessed with the potty.  So we've started potty training!  It's been going well so far and I have no expectations for him to be fully trained in the next few months.  He's not yet 2!


Any products you recommend?

5.

I am so excited to start meal planning again.  

While I travel I make a rotation of about 5 meals on the nights I'm home.  Justin and #wiggydiggy eat left overs, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, or pizza when I'm gone.

If you have a favorite, easy weeknight recipe, send it my way!




Have a beautiful weekend.










post signature

4 comments:

  1. Crockpot recipes are my go-to for weeknights. My recent favorite has been chicken, a packet of ranch, a packet of taco seasoning and chicken broth=Chicken Bacon Ranch Tacos. Just pile the meat on a tortilla with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and ranch dressing. Yum! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious! I'm adding it to my menu for next week. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Definitely post about potty training- I am so nervous to potty train a boy! I will need as much info as I can get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll share my tips!! We only started this early because he was so interested in the potty. My only tip so far is; I never ask if he has to go potty. I just tell him we are going and take him every 15 minutes or so at home. He loves it! Haha.

      Delete