Thursday, December 5, 2019

Chicago Part 2

The second part of my training took place the week before Thanksgiving.  Justin and I were fortunate to have my parents come up and stay with the boys for a few days, so Justin and I were able to have a long weekend alone!

I took advantage of the few hours between my class and Justin's arrival to wander around and stumbled upon the Tree Lighting Ceremony at Bloomingdale's and ended up surrounded by ballet dancers!


When Justin arrived we RUSHED to catch the last 13 minutes of the Blackhawks hockey game.
The score was 1-0 when we arrived and 4-2 when it ended.  I think they were just waiting for us to arrive to have the action start!  Haha.


Friday we walked all over the Navy Pier and Magnificent Mile just window shopping and snacking.  We couldn't have timed it better for our weekend in Chicago - it was the weekend the city lights up for the holidays!  There were tree lighting ceremonies and special treats everywhere we went. 
I just loved this church. 




That evening we saw Hamilton (LOVED IT) and indulged in all the treats the Waldorf had for us.





Saturday was Wrigleyville.
Again, we couldn't have planned it better if we had tried.  It was the weekend the Christkindlmarket opened!
AND THEY HAD A SKATING RINK!

FYI - one of my bucket list items is go Ice Skating.


I was in seventh heaven and felt like I was in my own Hallmark movie.  Pure Bliss.

We ended our trip at the Signature Room at the 95th.

Again, timing couldn't have been better - the Light Festival Parade started right after we were seated!  We could see all of the lights and the firework show during our (extremely delicious) dinner.


Our Chicago trip tops my list of best vacations ever.   I hope I get to go back soon.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment