Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Sleep Training - Night 1

Night one is done.

And I truly believe your (and ours) prayers worked!!

For the first time in WEEKS, #biggywigs slept from 7 PM to 1130 PM.

He usually wakes around 9/930 screaming.  Either I take 20 minutes to rock him back asleep or nurse him asleep.  Then we repeat every 2 hours.
We've ended up in this cycle on him sleeping with us because the fastest way for him to go back to sleep (which is also the fastest way for us to go back to sleep) is to nurse.

So back to last night.  He went down, easy peasy, like always at 7.  Fussed around 730 for his paci, and slept until 1130!!  When he woke and I checked the time, I decided to nurse.  We'll work on night weaning once he only wakes at nursing times.

He woke again at 2.  I wasn't planning on nursing until 3, so I put his paci back in and he was miraculously back to sleep.
For 5 minutes.
He cried off an on for the next half hour.  Sometimes falling back asleep on his own, sometimes from me putting his paci back in. ;)
I caved and nursed at 240.  We all slept until just after 5.
#biggywigs woke again screaming and after crying it out for a bit, we got the paci back in and he slept until 630!!

This seems mundane.
And boring.
I know.
I need to document the wins occasionally. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment