Monday, May 18, 2015

A Post about Baby Food

**Every parent is different and they will make their own decisions for their children.  This is not a judgement that 'our way is better than your way' and we would appreciate the same courtesy to us.**  

J and I agreed to skip the oatmeal/rice cereal phase.  I read just as much negative as I did positive about baby cereal, so we decided that we were comfortable with a 100% breast milk diet until it was time to introduce solids.  I believe that 'Food before 1 is Just for Fun'.  We may be a bit early to the recommended age (solids at 6 months), but he keeps grabbing at my food and trying to eat everything in sight.  This new stage is so fun!

I'm not sure which method I'm a fan of yet.  Making my own puree's is easy and cheap.  I made a months worth of food in under an hour - all fresh fruit and veggies! 

Carrots, Apples, Blueberries, Sweet Potatoes, Avocados

So far our little guy is not a fan of spoons.  We may end up going down the Baby Led Weaning route since he loves holding his own food and feeding himself.




Nothing's quite as good as a banana :)





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment