Monday, August 13, 2018

Two Week Vacation

I took advantage of my maternity leave and loaded the boys us for a two week vacation in Wyoming and Nebraska.
(I need at least two weeks out of Montana every year.  I'd prefer 52, but we'll start with two.)

I DO NOT recommend driving 10 hours with a 3 1/2 year old and a 2 month old.
Without working A/C.

#babywigs nursed every three hours, which equaled a half hour pit stop.
Add in a toddler who wanted to run his energy off at each stop?  Just add two hours to the road trip.
Either would have been fine.  But both boys together?  It was rough.

As a side not - I didn't know the A/C wasn't working.  After 8 months of winter I hadn't really used it.  After driving for hours under a hot sun across the state of Nebraska, I was so glad that my destination included a family of mechanically inclined who could fix it.
Hallelujah.

Tip - don't drive during the 'witching hour'.  You'll regret it.

The itinerary was drive to my parents, stay for a few days, then drive to Lincoln and stay with my best gal pal and her son for 5 days.  Then drive back to my parents and Justin joined us for a week of CFD (Cheyenne Frontier Days) before coming home.

So here's a *short* photo dump:

Napping with MeMaw


Parade fun!

Henry Dorley Zoo:




SHARK!




Lincoln Children Museum
This museum alone makes me want to move back.






Lincoln, NE fun




Helping PePaw at work






It was an amazing time (minus my solo driving) and I WISH I could go back and do it again. 
And Again.  And Again.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment