Friday, January 18, 2019

Best Products from 2018

2018 brought quite a few great things to us.
Most importantly - #biggywigs

Second most importantly (the item that arrived the day I went into labor) - Roomba 690

Haha.

But seriously though.

12 months of new products and old favorites, I rounded up my five favorite products of 2018.

1.
Roomba 690.
Seriously.  I LOVE this vacuum.
Image result for Roomba 690

People thought I went off the deep end when I asked for a vacuum (AGAIN) for Mother's Day.
Not having to vacuum every day is more than worth it, in my opinion.  I have two boys and a husband.  I NEED to vacuum often.

2.
Make Up Remover Cloths

I wrote about these a few times

While I love the original, I'm all about finding a deal.  I use a cloth every night to wash my face (with ONLY water) and I love how clean my skin is.  I also love that I can get 1000 or so uses out of each cloth before it needs to be replaced......just THINK of the cost savings.

3.
Motion Sensor Night Lights

These are Hampton Bay from Home Depot.

I love to sleep in pitch black darkness.
I have kids that wake up periodically thought the night.
I'm night blind.
You see where this is going......

I found these when I was looking for a nightlight for #wiggydiggy's bathroom.  I was thinking that a nightlight in there would be a good compromise for darkness to sleep, but enough light to go back and forth to his room.
We put it in our hallway between the boy's bedrooms and it is perfect.  It only lights up when we are in the hallway and it doesn't stay on an extremely long time.  I ended up going back and buying another one for our dining room.

4.
Smart Plugs
These snuck in under the wire.
For Christmas I gifted Justin a dual smart plug.  I thought it would be fun but didn't know if we'd really use it.
Turns out, they solved a few of our "problems" for us.
Living so far north, it's getting dark around 4 PM.  I set up two of our lights to auto turn on each evening at 4:15.  We come home to a lit house, and my preschooler isn't clinging to my leg begging me to go turn on lights in the dark house.
They can also be controlled by Alexa.  #wiggydiggy uses them the most!  He turns on the lights before he leaves his room in the morning and will quietly play in the living room without waking everyone up.

I know I'm way behind the times on this, but I love them.

5.
Crock Pot Liners


Wow.  I'm boring.  So sorry guys.
But in all seriousness, anything I can do to save time and/or money, I'll do.
Not having to wash a crock pot 2 - 3 times a week is pretty high up on my 'Saving Time' list.

Our evenings are extremely short.  I get home with the kids around 430 and they are in bed by 7.  I need to get dinner on the table quickly - so I use my crock pot often.

Clean up usually consists of putting leftovers in the fridge, dishes in the dishwasher and the liner in the garbage.  All under 5 minutes.
That's precious time I get to play with my boys :)



Do you have any favorite new products from 2018?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment