Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Oil-Pulling

In early October I spent one afternoon annoyed that I was having tooth sensitivity in just one tooth.  My gums have been hormonal since getting pregnant and the LAST thing I wanted was a cavity while pregnant.  After spending an entire day wincing when I drank cold water or hot tea, I decided to look to Dr. Google for some natural remedies.

Wasn't long before I realized that I had already pinned so many of the links to my Pinterest page.  Coconut Oil was popping up everywhere as the go-to for dental health.  I already love coconut oil as cooking substitute and lotion (though, not together.....)  My perpetually dry elbows haven't been dry in months thanks to coconut oil.



After a little more research, I decided 'Why not give oil pulling a try'.  I haven't looked back since.

First Day - I had no sensitivity to cold water all day.  Which was AWESOME because I drink at least 8 bottles of water a day.  That evening I noticed that my tooth was still a little sensitive, but bearable.

Second Day - My teeth were squeaky clean after I brushed.  Like dentist cleaning clean.  A side bonus of oil pulling is whiter teeth, something I noticed on Day 2.

Week 2 - Justin noticed my teeth were much whiter.  All tooth sensitivity was gone and I was waking up with less potent bad breath.  (Is that a thing?  I still have morning breath, but it's not as bad as before).  I confessed to Justin what I had been doing and he was interested in trying it out himself.

Month 1 - Teeth are MUCH whiter and I can see some of my darker stains on back teeth getting smaller.  Also, all tooth pain is gone and I love how clean my teeth feel all day.  Justin is even loving the detox benefit.  (Warning TMI: it breaks up his sinus build up in the morning and cleans him out.  Hello, flem!)
As often as I brushed, flossed and rinsed, I hated getting that plaque build up feeling on my teeth.  I haven't had it once since oil pulling.  I spend one hormonal day eating nothing but bite sized candy bars and that afternoon my teeth still felt clean!  I love knowing that I'm using a natural, healthy way to maintain my teeth and I 'm really excited for my dentist appointment after BabyWigs arrives.  Hormonal gums be dammed!  I'm excited to see if I have any improvements in some of my 'watch' areas!!

Have you ever tried Oil-Pulling?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment