Friday, August 18, 2017

5 on Friday - Current Projects

We've been busy knocking some projects off our list!
Busy evenings = progress.  Hallelujah!!

A lot of projects are ones that have been half done for months, so it's doubly nice to finally have them crossed off our
(ever growing) To Do List.

1. AND 2.

Doors and Windows!

Before:
(Taken when we moved in)


And Now!!




Of course - all iphone photos.  :)


3.
New Flooring

We've been waffling on when to change up the flooring.  Now that windows and doors are coming to a rapid end, we are needing to turn our attention to finishing the baseboards.

I really don't want to put down baseboards just to take them off again in a few months for new flooring.  Justin also doesn't want to risk having our baseboards being discontinued and then having to redo all the work we've already done.

Onto picking our new floors!

Our current top contenders:
photos from Lowes

Left is Walnut and Right is Saddle Pine.


I love the look of Saddle Pine, but I think it's too dark for our home.  We've gone white everywhere to try and brighten it up due to lack of natural light.  I'm afraid if we go with the picture on the right, it will darken it again.  Thoughts?


4.

Pilates.
I've given up all my lunch hours to work out and I'm loving it.
It also means I have no free time during the day to get my errands and blog posts done.

5.

Paint colors

Navy for the front door!  We are picking out our new front door this weekend.  YAY!

A bit of a back story here.  When we moved in, we very quickly chose some paint for all the rooms.  And I mean VERY quickly.  6 months of living in the house and we wanted every room repainted.  UGH.  We've repainted the main area,  #wiggydiggy's room, and partially the guest bathroom.  Now that we are prepping the toy room and guest room for closet doors and new trim, we are thinking of repainting them.  Current inspiration:


Have a great weekend!  I'm pretty sure we'll be at the home improvement stores all weekend long :)





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment