Monday, April 27, 2015

Nursery Tour

**Beware - all photos are taken with an iPhone.  Quality is 'iffy'*


When Justin and I found out we were expecting, I was firmly against finding out the baby's gender.  To me, there is nothing more exciting (or motivational) than waiting 40 weeks to find out.  It took 20 weeks, but Justin was soon on board and we were so excited for D-Day.  I will NEVER forget the moment that Justin told me that our baby was a BOY!  Tears all around :)

However, it's very difficult to decorate a nursery with too many specific details if you don't know the gender.  Should artwork be gender neutral or should we wait so we can pick colors?  Is that changing cover too girly or too boyish?  Does it matter?

Also, I'm not a big fan of cartoon-ish decor.  A baby grows into a toddler and then a 5th grader before you know it!  I don't want to redecorate our child's room with every new stage.  I wanted a room that was perfect for a growing child - a good base with plenty of flexibility for their own creativity.   My neutral base was Gray, White and Navy.

Letters from Michaels
Frames from IKEA
Prints from ZeppiPrints

Mobile from PBK


Chair from Pottery Barn
Rug from Target
Quilt - handmade

Boppy Cover from Designs by Christy

Shelf from Target

Basket - Gift
Changing cover from Target
Also, at this time, we aren't using his crib.  #wiggydiggy still sleeps in his pack n'play in our room.  
Paint - Sculptor Clay by Behr

I am still waiting on an order from IKEA.  The first shipment was missing half of the items.  The second shipment was sent back mid transit due to damage.  Third times a charm right?!  We have one more print and a bookshelf to complete his room.  

My two favorite items in the nursery are the Pottery Barn Glider (seriously SO comfortable) and his changing station.  Living in a single story home has a few extra perks - one of them being the convenience of one diaper changing station.  His dresser is the perfect height so neither Justin nor I have to bend down.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment