Thursday, April 2, 2015

One Year Ago

April 3, 2014 will always hold a special place in my heart.  J and I were trying for a baby, and after our miscarriage in November of 2013, each month felt like I was under a ticking time bomb.  When April 1st rolled around, I had a feeling that I should take a pregnancy test.  I just couldn't bring myself to taking a pregnancy test on April Fools Day.  It felt like I was going to jinx myself if I did.  So I waited.  

I was just certain that I was going to be a day or two late, so I held out until the morning of April 3rd.  (After peeing on a stick every month, it starts to loose its glamour).  I didn't even have time to put the cap back on the test before it showed POSITIVE!  No needing to wait the recommended three minutes, it only needed 30 seconds!



 There was no way I could wait to tell J.  I had dreamed of doing something cute to announce it subtly.   I was jumping around, laughing and happy crying, waking J up to share our good news.  He still laughs at how I looked like a loon at 6:05 in the morning.

First Day Home


First Bath!

And 8 months later, to the day, I gave birth to our baby.  Our son :)  On the year anniversary of finding out we were going to be a family of three, our lil guy turns 4 months old.  Coming full circle couldn't feel any sweeter.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment