Monday, April 6, 2015

#wiggydiggy - 4 Months

#wiggydiggy | 4 MONTHS




nicknames | kid, baby, lil man

weight | 15 lbs 3 oz (doubled your birth weight!) 26 inches long.

size |  s
ize 2 diapers.  Clothes are all over the place, it really does depend on the brand.  Some pants are 3-6 months, onesies go from 3 months up to 9 months and footed jammies are all 9 months.  You have a long torso that keeps you in the larger items even though you don’t fill them out very well.

sleep | 
We had a few hit and miss nights with you suffering from your first cold :(  Poor guy. You still slept tons, you just wanted to nurse more during the night.  Your cough would keep you up and that didn't let any of us sleep well. 

eats | Still 100% breastmilk.  You are still on a great schedule with your furious appetite.  7am/930am/12/230pm/5pm/730pm/night feeding.   You're guzzling 5 1/2 oz from each of your two bottles at daycare and I think you'll love having some new food to try here soon.

loves |  
You are a momma's boy.  You love your hands, teething toys and being tickled.  Conversations with daddy (your giggles are the best.)  Of course….ceiling fans.

dislikes |  
Waiting on food, being woken from a nap, tummy bubbles

firsts |  Your first cold :(   We did keep you home two days for some extra snuggles and naps.  But you were so happy through it!  Such a champ.  You have found your feet and you've rolled over (once).  We moved you to a new daycare and you LOVE being there.  The only baby has it's perks ;)


Momma |  I thought I had our breastfeeding schedule under control.  I spent one whole week in pain getting my pumping in line with your eating, but it seems to be out of control again.  I'm easily pumping two days worth of bottles in two 15 minute pumping sessions.  Over this past week I've been feeling full earlier and I've been moving my morning pumping session up around 15 minutes.  I think I'm going to have to reign myself in again this weekend by suffering through a bit of discomfort to keep from overproducing again.  I know I could easily pump after you nurse, but I hated nursing AND pumping in the middle of the night and I don't want to start that up again.

I love your new Daycare.  I can walk across the street and nurse at lunch and see you anytime I want.  You are so happy there that I try to sneak in to watch while you interact with your teachers.  You’re always full of giggles and willing to ‘talk’ to anyone.


Daddy |  I love the time we get to spend together every morning when mom leaves for work.  I love the “chats” we have and the sounds you make.  I hate saying goodbye to you when I drop you off at daycare, but I love to see how happy you are to be there and how much you enjoy Miss Jamie.  I love knowing that you are being stimulated and well-cared for during the day and that mom gets to see you and nurse everyday at lunch and that she is across the street.  I love knowing that mom gets an hour with you before I get home.  I may regret this later :) but I can’t wait for you to form words with your voice and talk, and I can’t wait to see you walk and scoot around the house.  You have no idea how much joy you bring to mommy and daddy’s life on a daily basis.  You are so loved and we will do everything we can to help you in your life as you will always be our “baby”.  I love you son!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment