Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Letter to My Child

Dear Lovebug,

Here we are - half way there!  I cannot wait to meet you.  Though, as much as I want time to fly by, I am savoring these precious moments we have.  Our private moments of kicks and rolls where I can feel you growing under my heart.  Do you know how loved you are?  I love you to the moon and back.  I cradle you throughout the day, my hands finding your shape and pressing every so slightly wishing I could hold you in my arms.  But oh, my love seems dim in comparison to your daddy's.  He loves you SO much.  He reaches for you in the evenings, rubbing his hand over you and pressing kisses all over my belly.  As scary as labor and delivery might be for me, getting to see your daddy meet you for the first time will be more than worth it.  Carrying you and bringing you into this world is the very best gift I could ever give him.  He will always support you, love you and be by your side.  We talk about you constantly.

You will be a surprise to us, we have no idea if you are a little boy or a little girl!  Don't you worry, we have names for you and we cannot wait to meet you to share them.  Your room is mostly ready, I promise it will be done before you arrive!  Your bed is waiting for you and our house is anxiously waiting to hear your cries and laughter.

You are scheduled to arrive around the best time of the year!  The holidays!  Our home will be decorated for Christmas and your very first stocking will be hanging on the fireplace, waiting for you.  This is your daddy's favorite time of year and he has big plans for Christmas, this one and everyone in the future.  You will grow up in a home full of love and laughter.  Your daddy and I love to smile and laugh, we'll make sure to share our happiness with you.

You, our little lovebug, are our dreams come true.  We prayed for you and we still pray for you.  You are a blessing, a gift from God, and we will forever be grateful that He brought you into our lives.

Love,               
Your Momma

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment