Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up - Cheyenne Frontier Days!

Justin and I headed down to Cheyenne, WY to visit my family and par-take in the 'Grand-Daddy of 'em All!'.  (or more commonly known as Cheyenne Frontier Days)  Unfortunately for Justin, this is the second year in a row we've had to go down on opening weekend.  The best parts of Frontier Days start the first Monday  - especially the pancake breakfast.

Next year babe, next year we'll go down for a WHOLE week.  I promise :)

Justin shopping for cowboy boots.  Such Choices!

We spent Friday evening at Bit-O-Wyo Ranch.  Best kept secret in Cheyenne!

Before the dinner and show.

Saturday we defied death and climbed into a 90 year old's car and headed downtown for the parade.  My parents neighbor had extra tickets to sit above the parking garage at Bank of the West for the parade.  Also, my parents will never let anyone in her car EVER again.  Let's just say, Justin and I were glad to climb out of that backseat in one piece.

L - Start of the parade.  My favorite part.  R - Justin at the Capitol Building

Saturday night was the Clay Walker and Lady Antebellum concert.  Last year we saw Styx and Journey and we had high hopes for this years concert.  Neither Clay Walker or Lady A disappointed, both Justin and I agreed this was better than last year!!  

Favorite view of CFD

Clay Walker singing Hypnotize the Moon.  Baby dancing under Daddy's hand!

Like always, vacation was much too short.  We are saving our vacation time for December, but next year. Next year I'm going to let Justin have his dream CFD trip.  A few night shows, a few rodeos, lots of history and fair food.  And lots and lots and lots of time with the family :)

funday-monday-button-300x288

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment