Thursday, December 1, 2016

Whole30 Juicing

Juicing isn't exactly encouraged on the Whole30 regimen.  However, our little man LOVES his homemade juice with dinner and I love knowing that I can get a few more vegetables into our diet than we would otherwise.


I don't use the juice as a meal replacement only as a supplement.  I also make sure half of the juice is vegetables so the sugar isn't taking over.

Our standard juice is:
Kale/spinach blend
1/2 - 1 Cucumber
 3 Celery
3 Carrots
1-2 Apple
1 Orange
1/4 Pineapple

This makes enough for all three of us....for now.  #wiggydiggy drinks as much as Justin and I do!

When we start Whole30 in January, I'm going to keep juicing in our routine because it's incorporated into our dinner, not replacing it.   Any way I can sneak extra vegetables into #wiggydiggy and Justin, is a good thing!

Some fruits and vegetables I'm looking forward to mixing in:
Beet Root
Pear
Swiss Chard
Zucchini
Mango

Another benefit of juicing - it's helping me kick my caffeine cravings.  Once we started juicing regularly, I wasn't needing a latte as often.  I'm trying hard to cut back so that I'll be coffee free starting in 2017.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment