Friday, June 9, 2017

Five on Friday - Natural Product Edition

I had a kick in my pants last weekend when I read the ingredients in my deodorant.
ALUMINIUM.

I know this.  I've heard about it for years.  I just never paid any attention to it.
Most of the urban legends of breast cancer and alzheimer's have been mostly debunked by science, but it still makes my skin crawl.

So we made the switch to natural deodorant!

1.
Schmidt's Deodorant

I picked up our first one from a local Natural Grocers.
No smell from either of us, but we do sweat more than before. This is because there is no Aluminium blocking the glands.  But there is no BO smell!

Justin stole the Lime from me for himself so I ordered the Lavender.  My next order is the Ylang-Ylang for me and Cedarwood for Justin.

2.
My Magic Mud Toothpaste

When I bought the deodorant, I saw some Activated Charcoal a few shelves over.  I've read about the benefits for brushing your teeth so I decided to give it a try.
Minus the shock of a black mouth, I love it!  Justin decided to give it a try to, so I'll report back on how we like it after a week or so of use.  (So far, I feel like my mouth is cleaner than with regular toothpaste)

3.
Apple Cider Vinegar

This has been making the rounds on the internet and Pinterest for a while now.  I deicded to give it a whirl while we are trying other natural products.

So now I'm using it in various ways to see if I see any difference.

4.

I think I've mentioned them before - but this is a natural beauty product company.  I busted out the Purifier Skin stick after we had some bug bites one evening.  I really liked it!  I feel better using an all natural solution vs one full of chemicals on #wiggydiggy and myself.

Next up - I want to try the Go West face mask and Just Chillin skin stick.  I think that skin stick will be great this summer!

5.
My Essential Oil trade off

I really enjoy my Young Living oils, but I felt like I was wasn't getting the best bang for my buck when I used my diffusers.

So....I picked up the scents I liked at TJMaxx for cheap to use in the diffuser only.  Now I can save my Young Living oils are for topical uses!

We love these diffusers in our bedrooms.

Have a Happy Friday!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment