Wednesday, May 9, 2018

A Day in the Life..

 Before this stage of our life comes to an end, I wanted to document what our days looked like.  I love this little diary of ours and I find myself looking back at the previous years every once in a while.


Good Morning
My alarm time depends on if I'm washing my hair or not.
Wash mornings, I'm up around 6 AM.  I like to take some extra time to eat breakfast alone on these mornings.
Other mornings I'm up about 6:30.

The boys stay in bed until about 7.  Half the time #wiggydiggy ends up with us sometime between 3 AM and 6 AM.  Justin's a pushover and always brings him to our bed instead of getting him back to sleep in his big boy bed!  Ha

#wiggydiggy always asks for two applesauce's before he's even awake enough to get out of bed.
It is so dang cute.

The Day
I head out the door first - between 720 and 730 AM
Most mornings I try to squeeze in time to get a coffee :)

Justin drops off Lil Man at school around 8.

I work until lunch and then I either run errands or go home to finish up some chores.
Today I'll stop at CVS for contact solution and mouth wash, then go home to finish loading the dishwasher and put dinner in the crockpot.

Really, the only silver lining about living here is how close home and work are.

I finish up work around 4 and head out to pick up the boy from school.
This is seriously the best part of my day.  I love how EXCITED he is to see me when I get there.

The Evening
We love routine at our house.  It's what makes our world go round.
We get home and #wiggydiggy puts his shoes away and hangs up his jacket.  I'll go and change while he starts playing.  Sometimes he gets a short show while I finish up dinner.
Justin usually gets home around 5:
15 and we sit down to eat.
After dinner we head to the bath.  Justin tends to change, clean up dinner and unwind while lil man splashes in the tub.

We like to play as a family in the living room until we read stories at 730 ish.  Bedtime is 8.
But lately we've been sitting on the couch watching some of #wiggydiggy's shows before story time. (thank you pregnancy exhaustion)
While Justin reads stories, I do my prep for the morning.
I always lay out my clothes the night before.  It makes my mornings go so much smoother.
Then it's time to wash my face, dry shampoo my hair and crawl into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment