Friday, April 5, 2019

Five on Friday - It's April!!

HI!

Miss me?
Haha.  Kidding.
March is my busiest month at work and I'm always partially brain dead the first week of April while I wrap up final details.  I am SO happy it's the first Friday in April!

This month we have big plans at the house.

1.
Guest Room

We have put some new nightstands and lamps, now we're waiting on the comforter and second sham to arrive.  I had ordered one sham a while back to see if I'd like it, and I can't wait to get the other pieces in!
Justin is going to trim out the windows and floors and we'll hang the window treatments this weekend.

Photos coming soon!!

2.
Paint swatching

In case you haven't heard or remember about our paint fiasco, here's a quick recap

Behr makes THREE paints called Snowfall

1. Snow Fall
2. Snowfall (expired)
3. Snow fall White

Want to know what color white we picked?

ALL THREE.

Not on purpose.  #1 was the color we purposely chose.  There was one mishap where I realized 5 minutes into painting with a new gallon that the whites weren't matching.  I compared lids and ran back to Home Depot to get a new gallon.  The names were similar but the color codes weren't. I just thought it was a mistake.

But after years of Justin buying gallons here and there, and me buying gallons here and there, we finally saw HOW different the paint was when the new floors went in.
 Some trim is very yellow and it's right next to a bright white, which is right next to a bluish white.

So this month I get to go around the house and test ALL the trim with patches of #1.  I'll paint what I can while the boys are napping, but almost all of the doors will be removed and sprayed this summer.

Thankfully all of the floor trim was done AFTER we found the paint mishap, so that's one less thing for me to paint.

UGH.

3.
Fireplace Makeover

Our mantle is pretty inefficient at blocking the heat from rising straight up.

 Our clock has become warped from the heat and no longer works.


Target had a 40% off deal and I pick out this mirror for a new aesthetic.

My inspiration:


4.
Master Bedroom Makeover

We spontaneously painted our master bedroom one night when our new carpet was installed.
We were over the green and wanted a more neutral color.

Not the best photo - but you can see the green walls and post to our four post bed.

We looked at the color options that we had (Chic Gray or Sculptors Clay by Behr) and picked Sculptors Clay since it went with our furniture more.  Sculptor's Clay has a more brown base while Chic Gray leans more towards a bluish gray base.

Then, when we put the bed back in, we decided to toss the posts.  No More Four Post Bed!
It opened the room up SO MUCH.

I took the opportunity to sell some pieces of furniture from the set in the guestroom and our room (single nightstand and a chest of drawers)
This table came this week to replace the chest of drawers in our room.  I snagged it when it was on sale for under $100.


Note - while the size and shape is perfect; it's damaged.  Two attempts to get us the right table and I said screw it.  I can paint the corners and it's in our room, so no one will see it.  

We have high hopes we can get our room trimmed this weekend as well.  I can't wait to post updated photos!

5.
Paint Kitchen Ceiling

We repainted the kitchen after new floors were put in.  The original color we picked was very.....pink.
Malted Milk by Behr

It looked like a very light brown when we swatched it.  Haha.

So we used what we had and painted it Chic Gray.  We started to paint the ceiling too, but we quickly realized that white would look better than either color.  So it's been a rainbow of colors for a while now!  Haha.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment