Friday, September 21, 2018

5 on Friday - Staying Healthy

With a new baby in daycare, it's just a matter of time before the first illness hits.  I've been fighting the beginning stages of a cold for the past week and I'm praying that I can keep it at bay until after our floors are done.

My tried and true methods of fighting the germs:

1.
Boiron

I often pick Cold Calm before I grab anything else.
I also like their Sinusalia because I'm prone to sinus infections.

I do believe taking Cold Calm for the past week has prevented the beginning stages of my cold to progress into a full blown cold.

#wiggydiggy gets the Children's version.

2.
Oil Diffusing

I have diffusers in most of our rooms.  I keep Lavender going in the boys rooms for sleep, but once the weather turns I keep Thieves going in our main rooms.

Yes, I do buy most of our oils to diffuse (and diffusers) at TJ Maxx.    However, Thieves and Purification are blends I only trust to Young Living.  I need to order another bottle to keep at work for my work diffuser now!


3.
Vinegar

I wrote about how we moved to a more natural way of cleaning here.  I still use vinegar to clean most everything.  I also use microfiber cloths instead of paper towels for my cleaning as well.

Pro-tip:  Buy the microfiber multi pack from Home Depot.
18 towels for under $10

4.
Neti-pot

I bought our at CVS.  I use it daily when I'm sick, and every few days when I'm not.  It gets very dry in Montana in the winter, so every little bit helps.

5.
Vitamins!

#wiggydiggy takes L'il Critters.  We recently added Immune C to his morning routine.
I can honestly say I noticed a difference once it joined his multi vitamin and Calcium gummies.  We had a rough January with the flu and Hand, Foot, Mouth.  I ordered these post illness and he hasn't even had a cold!  His classroom was hit hard with a cough and cold in May (when #biggywigs was born) and he was unscathed.

I've been taking pre-natal vitamins since I was 20 or so per my Dr's recommendation.  (I need additional iron).  I've tried many, including gummies, but I always come back to Nature Made 


I do take the Nature Made Prenatal with DHA when I'm pregnant, but otherwise I stick to what works!

And of course, I always drink water.  I love my Glass Camelbak and I easily drink 4 or 5 bottles worth during work.  I have a harder time drinking water once I get home, but I make it my goal to drink a whole bottle before bed.

Do you do anything to help stay healthy during the winter months?

P.S.  As always, I link to Amazon (because I love Amazon) and it's easy to find everything.  I live in the flipping boonies and often can't find anything in stores.  So....convenience. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment