Friday, January 5, 2018

Christmas and New Years Recap

 We hosted the family on Christmas Eve and had a wonderful time.
Justin decided we'd go look at Christmas lights the night before so we wouldn't miss them this year.  I am so grateful we did.  By the time everyone left on Christmas Eve, our boy was D.O.N.E.

I tried a new mashed potato recipe in the crock pot and it was divine.
(Not the most photogenic food though)
I've never put cream cheese in mashed potatoes before, I've always been a sour cream kind of gal.
But I'm a convert.  Oh My Lanta were these good.

I also made this delicious punch
I combined a few recipes I found online and it turned out amazing.  I'm sure you could make it alcoholic with champagne instead of sparkling cider.
1 bottle ginger ale
1 bottle cranberry juice
1 bottle Apple Cranberry sparkling cider
My husband almost drank the whole thing!

Christmas Morning was a riot.
#wiggydiggy slept in
He NEVER sleeps in!
I woke him up at 7:30 because I was too impatient to wait any longer!  Haha.

Waiting patiently for Daddy to turn on Christmas lights

His gift from Santa!

Half of the aftermath

Unfortunately our temps dropped to single digits (and negative single digits) and we got dumped on so #wiggydiggy couldn't take his new toy outside.

Instead he rode it up and down the hallway for two days!

Another morning of a few inches of fresh snow

That snowblower was used daily, sometimes twice, for an entire week.  Snow much?

We had playdate plans with some friends that live out of town, but due to the snow we had to post pone until she could get dug out!  The snow in front of her house is up to her shoulder.......

New Years Play Date
We improvise when the weather gets too cold!  haha





These two played "baseball" for the longest time.
Send prayers that nothing in my house gets broken beyond repair.



No comments:

Post a Comment