Friday, April 27, 2018

Four on Friday - Knock off's and Dupes

I'm always looking for a good deal.  If I can't find something on sale, I won't buy it.  Pay full price?  Never!

So one of my favorite things to do is find amazing 'kock-off's' and 'dupes' for some of the higher end products I'm interested in.

1.

I head to TJ Maxx and buy mine for about $3 or I wait and order them from Amazon for about $2.
I keep tabs on the ones from Amazon.  When they drop to $1.99 I often order 3 or more.  Shipping takes a while, but the savings is totally worth it.

2.

I found a few great dupes before realizing that a microfiber cloth does the EXACT SAME THING.
I've also seen the cloths at TJ Maxx for under $10.

I LOVE using these at night.  They take off everything (even waterproof mascara).  When my cloth is in the wash, I just use a regular microfiber cloth from Home Depot.

Yup.  Home Depot.  The ones that come in the big pack for under $10.

They aren't as soft, but they clean my face just as well.

3.
Norwex

I admit, I was extremely interested in these cloths for quite a while.
A girlfriend sold them and brought some to the church nursery to do some clean up one day.  After watching her work for a while, I realized that they were basically glorified microfiber cloths.


I use these for everything.  Windows, counters, car, bathroom, make up remover, and dusting.

I prefer to use vinegar and water when I clean instead of just water (like Norwex recommends).  I like knowing that the vinegar is both natural AND killing germs.

4.
Lipsense

I have NOTHING against Lipsense.  However, it just doesn't work for me.  I've tried.

The idea of lipstick lasting ALL DAY though?  Sign me up!

So I went on a hunt for a lipstick that would last all day for a fraction of the price.
After a few trials and errors - my loss is your gain.

I found TWO that are amazing.

1.
2.

I wear these daily.  One application in the morning and I am scrubbing it off at bedtime.

Both are under $10 and include a moisturizing lip gloss!!


Happy Friday!  Spring has truly Sprung here.
We're headed back outside to soak up the blue skies and Vitamin D!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment