Tuesday, April 8, 2014

40 Bags in 40 Days - Update


I've over shot my goal and donated/thrown away 26 bags.  And I'm not even done!  I have yet to get to the hall pantry closet and I have a pile of clothes I plan on sending off to Twice and ThredUP (amazing consignment websites online).

With the continued progress on the guest bathroom and half bathroom, it's easy to be distracted from my de-cluttering/downsizing goal.  However this weekend I plan on attacking the master bathroom and 1st hall closet.  Right now they are both a slightly organized, but overflowing, space.  Since we are removing the 1st hall closet to give the new tub space and adding in shelves in the bathroom, that closet needs to get empty fast.  That will really help my de-cluttering goal!  And since we are redecorating, I know I'll end up donating quite a few towels as we replace them with the new color scheme.

The master bathroom will really end up being a trash job.  I'm guilty of keeping all of the free samples I get and never using.  I really just need to sit down with a trash can and purge.  And since our bathroom will be remodeled last, I have no desire to purchase anything new to keep us organized.  Our shower area really needs a better storage solution than the current over-the-toilet shelf, but I cannot bring myself to spend money until I know what I want it to look like.  Anyone else have this predicament?

But all in all, it's so refreshing to look into two of the spaces we've already done and see the amazing progress.  We still have a ways to go with remodeling and future plans, but I couldn't be happier if I tried.
post signature

1 comment: