Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Great Greige Debate

When Justin and I started looking for a new paint color for the main part of our house, we decided we loved the ‘Greige’ palette.  (view previous post here).

Greige is the new trend of beige and gray blends for a good neutral pallet for your home.  Pinterest searches of greige would keep me awake for hours because the options were limitless.  Justin and I were finally able to settle on a dark shade vs a light shade.  We had Silver Sateen by Behr (now discontinued) on the walls first and the color was too light, too blue, and too cold for us.

After a year we decided to repaint.  We had purchased multiple paint swatches from various paint dealers and settled on a beautiful shade – Fashion Gray by Behr.  In some light this color is a nice warm brown, in other is a soothing gray.  The perfect chameleon color for our home. 

But I don’t want that color in my bathrooms.

Which leads us to a lovely dilemma of Greige or not to Greige?  I was originally thinking a lovely tan would be nice.  NOPE!  No, no, no, no, no.  Every shade we loved in the store would be too yellow, too orange, too dark, too (fill in the blank with a complaint).  Now I’m back to looking at greige shades.  A few of the popular ones on Pinterest that we found to be WAY to light for our liking in the main part of the home (Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore, Perfect Greige by Sherwin Williams) may be the right shade for the bathrooms.  However, I love Behr.  Which means I need to find a similar shade in Behr paint.

After a little more searching, I came across a pin that lead to a website that has amazing comparisons that paired Revere Pewter up against Behr -The Hall Way Blog.
Main Living Area Paint Options

I'm thinking Sculptor Clay.  I can't wait to see what it will look like in the guest bathroom!


No comments:

Post a Comment