Wednesday, July 9, 2014

18 Weeks


How far along:  18 weeks

Baby size:  5 1/5 inches and over 6 oz!

Baby's progress:  Baby is practicing swallowing and this is the time that baby is noticeably a boy or a girl!

Weight gain:   It's fluctuating still.  I've hit my pre-pregnancy weight a few more times and it stays a bit longer.

** I had a great chat with my Dr and Nurse.  I'm eating MUCH healthier and working out more than I did before I was pregnant.  Cutting out junk food, soda and beer and adding in exercise has been the main contributor to my lack of weight gain.  The baby and I are very healthy so no one is worried**

Stretch marks:  Nada.  I'm loving my Mama Bee's by Burts Bees.  

Sleep: Bedtime is still early and I'm not going to complain.  However I'm waking up hungry and with hip pain.

Gender: We aren't finding out :)

Movement:  It's still sporadic, but the movements vary from flutters to all out kicks.  It's amazing!!

Best moment this week: Laying in bed with Justin trying to feel the baby move.  He is the best.

Looking forward to: Vacation coming up!

Food cravings: So hit and miss.  I'm still suffering from food aversion, but I'm eating more at mealtimes.

Belly Button - In or Out:  In, but much shallower!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Smell of cooking meat isn't pleasant.

Wedding Rings - On or Off:  On. Thankfully we never got it re-sized and it's a touch loose.  

Labor signs: Nope

What I miss: So many things.  And so many people.  Being pregnant two states away from friends can be hard.

Symptoms: Hip pain!  Ouch!!

Workouts: Walks at work, and home workouts with weights.  Justin and I have plans to get back to the gym next week and we've started evening walks to help with my hip pain.

Things that suck:  Sitting.  Tailbone pain and hip pain are not fun, but walking lots keeps the pain at bay. 

Things that don't suck:  Not having to 'suck it in' this summer!  haha.  I love my bump!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment