Monday, January 5, 2015

Postpartum Essentials



Nursing Cami by Gilligan and O'Malley
Always Infinity Unscented Pads with Wings, Regular Flow, 36 Count (Pack of 2)
Netflix
Dreamer Flannel Pajama by Victoria Secret
Dermoplast Pain Relieving Spray-2.75 oz.
Camelbak Eddy Bottle 0.75-Liter/24-Ounce

While I've been on maternity leave, I've become dependent on a few specific items to help me through my postpartum phase.

The first item up is the the Gilligan and O'Malley nursing cami I found at Target.  I didn't want to buy any nursing items until the baby arrive but I knew that I would need something while I was in the hospital.  The price of the cami (under $20) was right on and I picked one up with my RedCard (extra 5% off!!) while at Target.  After my third day in the cami at home, I was hooked.  My mom headed off to Target and picked up a white one and another black one.  They are supportive, comfortable and long enough for me.  I'm living in these while #wiggydiggy and I are figuring out nursing and staying home.

**Update 4/7/15 - these cami's don't wear so well anymore. :(  The bottoms are too flared out and baggy.  I'm trying to find nursing cami's I can wear under my work clothes that are fitted.  Any suggestions?

In the hospital I was given both pedi pads and maxi pads.  The pedi pads I used as personal ice packs and brought extras home to make more, but the maxi pads?  Nope, nada, not happening.  The ones from the hospital were so thick I felt like I was wearing two diapers when I had a pedi pad in as well.  I love the Always Infinity pads, so I picked up a box of supers the weekend before we had the baby and it was the best last minute decision I made.  They are so thin and so absorbent that I never felt like I was wearing a pad!  I ended up going out one afternoon and buying a box of regulars to get me through the rest of the postpartum phase.  I'll keep these around for future use too. (TMI?  Maybe, but it is my postpartum essentials......)

Netflix.  I think this is pretty self explanatory, but while #wiggydiggy and I work on getting him on a better schedule and we figure nursing out, I've watched a lot of Netflix (especially at night to keep me up during a marathon nursing session.)

Victoria's Secret Dreamer Flannel Pajamas.  I literally wore my first pair out last winter.  I had them for 5 years and would wear them non-stop from fall to spring.  When I opened up my Christmas presents and saw I had a new pair from Justin, I was in seventh heaven!  Not only are they long enough to keep my ankles warm (seriously, long should be an option for ALL clothing), but the button down top works great when nursing.  I've only once worn them during the day - that was the first day I had them and they were washed :)  Since I've made it my goal to shower every day, I'm making myself stay out of pajamas during daylight hours.

Best kept secret?  Demoplast Spray.  This stuff it worth its weight in gold.  Just trust me on this one.

Camelbak Water bottle.  Any water bottle would really work, I just love my Camelbak's.  I have three I keep filled at all times.  Nursing really takes a lot of me and I'm drinking just as much, if not more, than when I was pregnant.  I love the straw and how I can drink without using my hands if necessary.  Plus, keeping all three filled prevents me from having to do a water run after every nursing session.

Honorable mentions:
Hair ties, chapstick, and my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment