Monday, January 9, 2017

A Few Thoughts on Motherhood

"Mommy-Shaming"
I can't believe that we act like this is a NEW thing.  It's only more wide-spread because of social media.

I do believe "Breast is Best"
Sources:
World Health Organization
International Breastfeeding Journal
Milky Way Documentary

I think the US consumerism had twisted mothers thoughts so that they will give artificial and man-made products to children when they are literally DESIGNED to feed their own children.
I mean - there's a reason we don't give infants under 6 months water and under 12 months cows milk.

HOWEVER
I won't judge you for feeding your kid however you choose.
You do you.
I'll do me.

Do I care if you "extend breastfeeding" to 2 years, 3 years, 4 years?
Nope.

I have opinions about screen time, bedtimes, routines, and discipline.
No two families are the same, no two children are the same, and I honestly don't care what you do.*  I just care what we do in our home.
*As long as child abuse isn't taking place.  Then I care and I'm REALLY angry.*

Can we talk about this whole concept of "Mommy Martyrdom"

OH. MY. GOSH.
You are NOT the first mom who's nights been interrupted from a kid.
GET OVER IT.

Same with parenting styles, kid behaviors, and eating habits.
I swear, this social media culture had moms obsessed with being the very best all the time.
THEN, if you aren't, you're allowed to sit on the couch, drink a bottle of wine, ignore your kids, and bitch on social media about how being a "bad mom" is a good thing.

Uh....what?

I understand 'bad days'.  Trust me, I really do.
But you know what?  I'm never going to brag about how I am a 'bad mom' and I should be celebrated for being a 'bad mom'.
Because I refuse to be a 'bad mom'.
NO.  What I am is a mom who is learning as my son is learning and growing as well.  We are going to take a breath, sit down and try again.  My son deserves better that what social media dictates.

So should your kid.
And I don't care how many kids you have.

When you become a mom - that's a 24/7/365 job.
Own it.


Now pictures of puppies
(I'm off my soap box now)




*Comments turned off because everyone has their own opinion.  If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times.  
You do you.  I'll do me.*
post signature