Friday, December 22, 2017

Friday 5 - Christmas Countdown

  I had big hopes last weekend that I was all done for Christmas and could just enjoy the last week before the big day.
-insert evil laugh here-


1.
Last minute gifts
I thought I was done.  My list was all checked off and then I remembered - TEACHERS!
I'll run out at lunch to buy #wiggydiggy's teachers their Christmas gifts and then I should be 
D.O.N.E. done.

2.
Cookies!
#wiggydiggy and I will be baking sugar cookies for the jolly man this weekend.
I had big plans to make our own dough this year.....and now I'm all about the pre-packaged stuff :)
I think if I wasn't pregnant, and I had some more energy during they day, we'd make homemade.  Oh well, there's always next year!

3.
Hosting Christmas Eve

We found out Monday that my mother-in-law doesn't have her dining table yet.  On Wednesday she officially asked us to host in her place.

I'm a planner and like to know these things at least a month in advance.....oh well.
I had to go to the grocery store yesterday (I try to avoid like the plague the week before Christmas!) and wasn't even able to get my entire list.


I'll be busy this weekend finishing up grocery shopping, cleaning, and prepping for our family Christmas Celebrations.

4.
Toy Assembly
We are going to help Santa out this year and assemble his gift Christmas Eve after #wiggydiggy goes to bed.
And by we - I mean Justin.
Our big gift to the lil man is an Amazon Kids Fire and some headphones.
A necessary purchase when we drive 10 hours to visit family!
I need to download all of his movies and set up parental controls so this is good to go on Christmas morning.

5.
Christmas Light Tour
#wiggydiggy is OBSESSED and points out every single house that has lights.  The perk to living so far north is that it's getting dark when I pick him up from school, so we get to enjoy some lights on the way home :)

Sadly, I don't think this will happen this year since we are hosting dinner and family presents on Christmas Eve.
Cue the hormonal tears

How rude would it be to kick everyone out at 7:30 so we can drive around to look at lights?
Asking for a friend ;)



I really am looking forward to Christmas, and so is Justin.  Having all of our plans change a few days before have thrown a wrench in our attitudes though.
I'm so grateful that we celebrate Christmas Day with just us in our home.
That is honestly what I'm looking forward to the most.


Merry Christmas to you and your family!  I hope your Holiday is Merry and Bright.





No comments:

Post a Comment