Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Weekend Wrap-up: Babymoon!

Headed out!

When Justin and I started planning our 'babymoon', we were thinking of flying to Seattle or SLC for a long weekend.  But in all honesty, I really wanted to have a FULL day at home doing nothing but napping and relaxing after we got back home.  Justin was 100% on board and so a quick weekend trip to Spokane was brought up.  I've actually never been to Spokane, WA or Coeur d'Alene, ID.  Justin was excited for the drive there and back and all I could think about was the food.  

The drive over the pass was Stunning!
Dinner on Friday night was at P.F.Changs.  I was craving their lettuce wraps and (cooked) sushi.  They did not disappoint!  Now all I want is to go back for lunch today.

Friday evening we walked around the downtown shopping complex and enjoyed some ice cream before calling it a night.  The view from our hotel room was of the river and park and we couldn't bring ourselves to close the curtains on the view.   

Saturday was a full blown shopping day.  I really had no plans to shop (because I can't bring myself to buy anything for myself clothing wise, and I'm holding out until the baby shower in October for baby purchases).  Justin on the other hand, is a champion shopper.  Ladies - if you can marry a man who enjoys shopping, do it!!  It does make shopping trips so much more fun :)  While we were headed to Hobby Lobby, Justin saw Babies R'Us and we had to have a quick pit stop.

Baby clothes are SO fun!!  To be honest, I'm really loving the three piece suit look for little boys.
It's a good think BabyWigs is a surprise!  I would have bought it ALL.
Hobby Lobby, AKA Best Store EVER, was amazing.  We loaded up on their seasonal decor (40% off labor day sales!) and a few other items for the house.  I could have easily spent a third hour in there finding things we just have.to.have.  I really do miss having a Hobby Lobby just down the street from my house.  

Another guilty pleasure store
The rest of our shopping was mostly a bust.  I was pleasantly surprised to see a teeny tiny maternity section at H&M and Justin hit the jack-pot at Barnes and Noble.  By then I was ready to head back to the hotel for a cat nap before we headed to the festival in the park.  
Spokane Riverfront Park
One of the many reasons I love my man.  He indulges my want for pictures and then even offers to take them himself.

The festival was fun, but this preggo was craving sushi for dinner again.  Cooked, of course!!  A little scouting the night before came in handy and my craving was satisfied.  NOM NOM NOM.
Of course I had to satisfy the craving before I could take a picture.
Sunday we woke up and headed to Coeur d'Alene for brunch and some downtown strolling.  
Lakefront dining
The drive home was quick and Monday brought a whole day of couch surfing, snuggles and naps.  My perfect idea of a 'babymoon'.  Just Justin and I recharging our batteries and spending a weekend together.

Now, can this happen every weekend?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment