Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pregnancy Workout

Since finding out we were pregnant (yes Mila Kunis, I said WE) I amped up my workouts at home.  Before I would head to the gym every once in a while for a Body Pump class or Booty Barre or even Spinning.  I never did anything consistently like I did when I lived in Nebraska.  Once that positive sign showed up on that stick, I pulled out my free weights and started researching at home fitness routines.

I still head to the gym every once in a while to use the treadmill or elliptical and then do my routine, but I love knowing that I can bust out 30 minutes of sweat drenching weights at home and then shower and crawl right into bed :)

Most of my inspiration comes from Pinterest (shocker, I know) and I attribute my lack of weight gain and my upbeat attitude to my new fitness routine.  There is also a 1.5 mile loop we walk at work.  This summer we've only been able to go in the mornings, but we'll add the afternoons back this fall.  And we don't just walk, we power walk.  The out of breath, sweating, burning thighs kind of walk.  These walks have kept the traditional hip/tailbone/round ligament pain to a minimum.   Honestly, most times I start to feel any discomfort I will knock out a few squats and lunges in my office and BAM, pain is gone.

Here are my top routines that I use:

c/o Pinterest

c/o Pinterest

c/o Pinterest

I'm not a doctor and you should check with yours before starting any workout routine.

Taking care of me and my body has been a high priority with this pregnancy.  It's my personal opinion that 'eating for two' is just an excuse to stuff your face with junk food and not feel guilty.  I know that the better I eat and the more I move, the better I feel.  The better I feel - the better the baby feels!

What workouts did you do during pregnancy?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment